Based in Toronto, Ontario
May 13, 2011
Press / Business contact:
Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime
Formed in Toronto, Asteroid Base is an independent video game studio founded by three friends – an illustrator, an animator and a particle physicist. Asteroid Base has experience developing on various platforms, and the studio’s latest title, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, will launch soon.
Matt Hammill is an animator and game designer, and creator of the award-winning iOS game Gesundheit!. With a background that stretches from comics and children’s books to TV commercials and short film, he now focuses on bringing his experience to interactive projects. A lover of thrift store musical instruments and a sketchbook addict, Matt lives in Toronto, Canada.Jamie Tucker
Jamie Tucker enjoys drawing, animating, and making games. He currently lives in Toronto, but he spent his formative years travelling from city to city much like the Littlest Hobo – unlike the Littlest Hobo though, he didn’t help anyone… and also he’s not a dog. His childhood was filled with playing video games at other peoples houses and from that he has always had a love for multiplayer games. He doesn’t ever win, unless he’s playing Blades of Steel.Adam Winkels
Adam Winkels is a programmer and recovering physicist who spends most of his day rewriting Matt's terrible artist code. If he was a character in Les Miserables he would be Enjolras.
There are currently no trailers available for Asteroid Base. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Asteroid Base, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX East 2015 Curse Awards" - Most Unique Game Setting
- "IndieCade East 2015: Love and Rejection" - Official Selection
- "Fantastic Arcade 2014" - Official Selection
- "IGF 2013 – Excellence in Visual Art" - Finalist
- "Indiecade 2013" - Official Selection - Night Games
- "PAX 10 2013" - Official Selection
- "Brazilian Independent Games Festival 2014" - Winner - Best Gameplay
- "Destructoid Best of PAX East 2014" - Winner
- "Gamercamp 2013" - Official Selection
- "Eurogamer Expo 2013" - Virgin Media Game Space Selection
- "Extra Credits Awards 2013" - Innovation Award
- "BigSushi.fm Golden Sushi of Sophistication" -
- "Co-Optimus Best of E3" - Nominated
- "4 Player Network PAX East Best in Show" - Winner
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Creative Director, Game Designer
Producer, Game Designer
Technical Director, Game Designer