PAX East. Wow!
It was probably the most successful show that we have done to date. By our numbers we had around five hundred play-throughs of the game, meaning almost a thousand people got to try it out while many more thousands watched.
The whole weekend was a roller coaster of emotions, starting from Thursday when we arrived in Boston and found out that our hotel gave away our reservation on us. We spent our set-up contemplating staying overnight in our booth, but thankfully after an out-pouring of love & support from Twitter we were able to secure a room in Cambridge.
On Friday night, we headed over to the Joyful Bewilderment Party put on by Rogue Ruckus and Big Sushi. We had a great night of showing off Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime along with other great games, like Please Don’t, Spacedog!, Sportsfriends, and an amazing setup of Killer Queen.
We would like to thank everyone that helped us out with PAX East: Kelly, Chris, Eric, Ryan and all the helpers at the Indie MEGABOOTH; the ever-present and ever-helpful PAX Enforcers; Intel, Alienware/Dell, Creative Technology for sponsoring the TVs, Computers, and Speakers; The Behemoth for being The Behemoth; OMDC for providing us with the Export Fund travel grant; Fire Hose Games for letting us ship them stuff; Dawn and Ben for giving us peace of mind; the press; and last but not least all the people who played the game over weekend, you are why we make games.
Awards/Best of Lists
- Destructoid – Our top 10 must play games of PAX East 2014
- Big Sushi FM – PAX East 2014 Golden Sushi Awards
- 4 Player Network – PAX East 2014 Best of Show: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- Entertainment Weekly – PAX East: The 5 best new games we checked out
- Jetpack Joust – Top 25 Things We Saw at PAX East 2014
- Filmoria – 6 Must Play Indies From PAX East 2014
- Destructoid – Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Puts Two People in a Neon Spaceship Built for Eight
- Kotaku – A Spaceship Game That Feels a Lot Like Being in a Relationship
- Indie Games – Form a Space Bunny Rescue Team in Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- The Married Gamers – PAX East: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- Techno Buffalo – Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Hands-On Preview
- Twinfinite – Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime Hands-On Impressions
- Crave Online – Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Hands-On Preview
- Game Hounds – Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Gameplay
- Chocolate Lemon – PAX EAST 2014 Indie Thoughts Mega Post
- Indie Game Mag – PAX East Indie Game Showcase
- The Game Fanatics – Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Rekindles Local Multiplayer Love
- The Game Fanatics – Interviewing Asteroid Base!
- Giant Bomb – PAX East 2014: The Giant Bomb Panel
- Giant Bomb – Bombin’ the A.M. With Scoops and the Wolf: 04/15/2014
- DLC Podcast – There Are No Awkward Places
- 4 Player Network – PAX East 2014: The “123 Boobs” Show
- Big Sushi FM – PAX EAST 2014
- Video Game Hangover – VGH #141: Live from PAX East 2014!
- Gamers with Jobs – GWJ Conference Call Episode 394
- Vinesauce – [Vinesauce] at PAX East 2014
- The Phawx – Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime Interview with Jamie Tucker and Adam Winkels PAX East 2014